If you are accepted into Beta Alpha Psi, you must meet certain requirements in order to move up in standing and to be qualified to reapply in subsequent semesters. Every new student will begin as a Candidate. If you complete the required participation activities as a Candidate, you will become an Initiate during your following semester in Beta Alpha Psi. If you complete the required participation activities during your Initiate semester, you will be initiated as an official Member of Beta Alpha Psi at the end of your Initiate semester. The requirements are as follows:
- Candidate/Initiates: Attend at least 3 BAP-sponsored professional events & at least 10 professional hours
- Members: Attend at least 2 BAP-sponsored professional events & at least 5 professional hours
- *Superiors: Attend at least 3 BAP-sponsored events & at least 15 professional hours
Community Service Hours
- Candidate/Initiates: Attend at least 1 BAP group service activity (Tutoring is not considered a BAP group service activity) & at least 10 service hours
- Members: Attend at least 1 BAP group service activity (Tutoring is not considered a BAP group service activity) & at least 5 service hours
- *Superiors: Attend at least 2 BAP group service activities (Tutoring is not considered a BAP group service activity) & at least 15 service hours
- Candidates/Initiates/Members: Complete at least 3 BAP tutoring hours at BEH 400 (2 tutoring sessions)
- Tutoring hours are considered as service hours
- Tutoring is not considered a BAP group service activity
- Candidates/Initiates/Members: Complete at least 2.5 BAP hours throughout the semester, and attend at least 1 BAP hour of BOTS or EOTS
- Socials include:
- Candidates/Initiates/Members: Attend the Awards Banquet at the end of the semester
Beta Alpha Psi prides itself in professionalism, dedication, and responsibility. BAP members shall make a commitment to attend the required participation hours that he/she signs up for and all mandatory events. Failure to meet requirements are grounds for expulsion from BAP. Strikes will be given to those who:
- Are a no-show to the event he/she signed up for via EventBrite or Appointy
- Cancelled an EventBrite or Appointy event within 24 hours of the event
Beta Alpha Psi has a 3-Strike Policy. Students who receive 3-strikes in a given semester will be expelled from Beta Alpha Psi.
Every semester students who go above and beyond the required participation will be honored as a Superior Student during the Awards Banquet. They are considered the top BAP students for the semester. To achieve Superior Status, BAP students must complete the required participation activities seen above. Superior students will receive recognition during the Awards Banquet, a certificate recognizing Superior Status, and a gift from the chapter.
BAP students have the opportunity to receive scholarships at the end of the semester. The top 3 initiates/members, according to total BAP Hours, will receive a scholarship. The scholarship amounts are as follows:
- 1st place scholarship: $500
- 2nd place scholarship: $250
- 3rd place scholarship: $150
In addition, the Candidate with the most hours completed will receive a scholarship.
Scholarships are awarded during the Awards Banquet at the end of the semester.