New To Beta?
In order to be accepted into Beta Alpha Psi as a new student, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have completed at least 30 semester hours of college credit
- Have declared a major in Accounting, Finance or Management Information Systems
- Have attained at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA
- If you do not have a 3.2 cumulative GPA, the requirement may be waived if you have a 3.3 cumulative GPA for your last 30 credit hours
- Have attained at least a 3.0 GPA in upper-division courses of your major
- If you have not taken any upper-division courses in your major, you must have an average GPA of 3.0 or higher in your lower-division accounting classes with no grade lower than a B-
- Must have at least 2 semesters remaining
As a new student, you will be considered a Candidate of Beta Alpha Psi.
Returning to Beta
If you are a returning Initiate or Member, you must meet the following requirements in order to be accepted again:
- Accepted into Beta Alpha Psi the previous semester
- Have completed the participation requirements the previous semester
- The participation requirements can be found at unlvbap.org/requiredparticipation
- Have attained at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA (Members are exempt)
- Have attained at least a 3.0 GPA in upper-division courses of your major (Members are exempt)
*If you do not reapply for this semester, you will not be eligible to apply again in subsequent semesters.
*Initiates/Members who do not meet GPA requirements will be put on probation for the semester applied, but will be eligible for reapplication in the following semester.